The Amazing Tightrope-Walking Gyrobot
- Build a robot that walks along a tightrope thanks to a motorized gyroscope unit.
- Hands-on experiments with the gyrobot bring the science of gyroscopic forces to life.
- Learn about physics and robotics and how and where gyroscopes are used in everyday life.
- Also includes the parts to build a tightrope setup.
- A full-color, 24-page manual includes step-by-step illustrated assembly instructions and a fun comic about Monty, the Gyrobot!
A robot fit for the circus! With this kit, you can build a robot that walks,
step by step, along a tightrope. How? Thanks to the robot’s main component, a
gyroscope, it can maintain its balance and perform this fun trick without
falling over! Through eight experiments, you can explore the astonishing
powers of the motorized gyroscope and understand the physics behind its
amazing behaviors. Experiment with getting the robot to walk on different
surfaces: a tightrope, on a solid tabletop, on a soft surface, and even on
your arm! You can also experiment with the balancing behavior of the motorized
gyroscope by itself, testing its ability to balance on its edge, on your
finger, on a pole, and dangling from a string. The kit includes parts to build
the robot and experimental setups, including a frame for the tightrope. By
constructing the robot and performing the experiments with the motorized
gyroscope unit, young engineers can learn about the science of gyroscopic
devices and the indispensable role they play in our lives. A full-color,
24-page, illustrated experiment manual provides step-by-step assembly
instructions and scientific explanations.