Wind Power V4.0 STEM Experiment Kit
- Build and experiment with a real, working 3-foot tall wind turbine to learn how wind is one of the most promising sources of clean, renewable energy available today.
- Single-piece blade construction for improved durability and better aerodynamics.
- Generate electricity to charge a battery and power a small model car.
- New weatherproof battery box can be left outside!
- Includes stakes to secure the turbine to the ground.
Our fourth generation wind turbine kit! Build a realistic wind turbine to harness power out of thin air. Wind is one of the most promising sources of clean, renewable energy available today. Wind energy has been used for centuries to pump water and crush grain in windmills, and is increasingly being used to generate electricity to power our modern world. Assemble a wind turbine complete with electric generator and adjustable rotor blades. The blades are designed with complex aerodynamic curves to look and work like modern-day wind turbine blades. Conduct experiments with your wind turbine, including experiments to optimize its performance by adjusting the angle of the blades and the placement of the turbine. Use the wind turbine to light up an LED and charge a rechargeable battery. Convert the generator into an electric motor and assemble a small electric car to demonstrate a tangible application for stored solar electricity. Discover how the sun makes the wind, providing us with an endless source of energy. Read about different types of wind turbines and windmills, the history of this technology, and how wind energy can be used to power homes and electric cars. The full-color, 32-page manual offers illustrated instructions and scientific information.